At Coomara we are committed to providing a high standard of care to our patients, while protecting our clients and staff alike by observing effective social distancing.
We are allowing clients to enter the building, but ask that the following measures be taken to help us all keep safe:
- We ask that clients wear face coverings during their visit.
- Please use hand sanitiser on entry.
- Please wait in the allocated area of the foyer to be directed to a seat by our receptionist.
- Do not approach the desk until invited.
- Our vets will ask you and your pet into a consultation room, where there is a floor sticker indicating a safe place to stand. You can then discuss your pet maintaining both confidentiality and social distancing. The vet will ask you to step outside while we examine your pet, and you should take the same seat that you were allocated on entry. You will be called back in to discuss treatment plan.
- The vet will ask you to take a seat again and when the receptionist has your medications ready they will call you forward to the counter.
- We ask that all payments be made by card. We are maintaining our “payment-at-time” policy.
- Prescriptions may be collected outside the Practice, by prior arrangement only. Telephone us when you arrive.
- We are allowing 20 minutes for each appointment.
- Please ensure that your pet is in a secure carrier or secure collar and lead, as the reception area windows and doors will be open for ventilation.
How many of our family can accompany our pet?
We are only allowing a maximum of 3 clients in the building at any one time. As such we ask that only one client attends each appointment.
What if I am not comfortable with coming inside?
If you would prefer to not enter the building we will collect your pet from the carpark. Advise us of this when you make your appointment, and telephone us on arrival to the Practice so we know you are here.
What if I cannot wear a face covering?
If you are exempt from wearing a face covering we will collect your pet from the carpark. Advise us of this when you make your appointment, and telephone us on arrival to the Practice so we know you are here.
What if I am early for my appointment?
To avoid congestion we also ask that if you arrive early for your appointment wait in your car until your slot.
What if I feel unwell, or a household member is unwell?
We ask that no client that is confirmed as having COVID-19 or is self-isolating enters the building. If your pet needs urgent veterinary care, telephone the Practice for advice on how to proceed.
I normally have house visits, is this still possible?
Sadly we cannot offer house visits at this time; if you have a difficult situation or an emergency please telephone the Practice for advice.
NB In the event of a local lockdown, or new guidance from the Government or Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, we reserve the right to close our doors to clients again and see urgent cases only at short notice.
If you have any queries or concerns please telephone between 8.30am and 7pm on 01228 524740
See our Facebook page for updates