The current public health crisis is critical. At Coomara we are committed to providing a high standard of care to our patients, while protecting our clients and staff alike.
We have new opening times during this National Lockdown period:
Monday – Friday 0830-1730
Saturday mornings – 0800-1200
We are not currently allowing clients into the building, and we ask that the following measures be taken to help us all keep safe:
- We ask that clients wear face coverings during their visit.
- Please inform us of your arrival in the carpark by phone, and wait in your car.
- Do not enter the building for any reason.
- Our vets and nurses will come out to see you in the carpark to discuss your pet’s complaint. We will then take your pet inside for assessment and treatment. We will telephone you from indoors with a plan, to explain medications, and take payment over the phone.
- We ask that all payments be made by card over the phone. We are maintaining our “payment-at-time” policy.
- Prescriptions may be collected outside the Practice, by prior arrangement only. Telephone us when you arrive.
- We are allowing extra time for each appointment.
- Please ensure that your pet is in a secure carrier or secure collar and lead.
- Please be reassured that our nurses will support your pet with love and care while they are in their appointment. We are sorry that you cannot be with them.
What if I am not able to come for an appointment?
If you are unwell, self-isolating, or awaiting a COVID-19 test result, we ask you NOT to attend the Practice.
If your pet needs emergency care, we ask that you make arrangements with a friend or family member to bring your pet on your behalf.
We are able to perform remote consultations for less emergent cases:
- Zoom consultations will be charged the same as face-to-face consults (£28.50), with a booked appointment slot made for you at a mutually convenient time.
- If you send in a photograph or video by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) we will get back to you as soon as possible within 24-48 hours, and charge £10.00.
We cannot perform house visits at this time.
I normally have house visits, is this still possible?
Sadly, we cannot offer house visits at this time; if you have a difficult situation or an emergency please telephone the Practice for advice.
I am on the Care Plan, and am due a 6 monthly check up – can I still have one?
Please do not get behind on your Coomara Care treatments. We are having to suspend wellness checks, and will only perform boosters is about to go overdue (3 months beyond usual date).
If you need to collect products you still can – refer to your planner, and if you are due products telephone us to make them ready for collection. If you are uncertain, and/or need a new planner, let us know.
What work is still being carried out?
- Primary vaccination courses
- Boosters that are coming up to overdue (i.e. at 15 months after previous vaccination date)
- Consultations for unwell pets – if your pet is uncomfortable, we will see them
- Operations and procedures where animal welfare and comfort is at risk
- Emergency care
What work is cancelled until further notice?
- Routine neutering
- Other elective surgery e.g., routine dental scale and polish
- Progesterone (premate) blood testing
- Nurse consults including weight clinic, wellness checks, nail clips
- Prescription check-ups – we will be performing these remotely
If you have any queries or concerns please telephone between 8.30am and 7pm on 01228 524740
See our Facebook page for updates